Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Serene Chaos

 
I have not updated lately as there truly has not been much to say. Since Russia banned adoptions by US families we have just been in a sit and wait pattern. Today things have changed. It is with a broken heart I tell you that we have officially withdrawn our commitment to the girls. At this point it is out of our hands as we have other news as well. We are moving.

The company my husband works for lost their contract and with it many workers their jobs, my husband included. Thankfully I am fortunate to have married a wonderful man and a hard worker. One who provides for his family. As soon as he heard rumor about this happening he started putting in applications. He had two responses within a day of putting applications in. One in Tennessee and one in Alabama. He got a second call from the one in Alabama and it looks as if that is where we are headed. And in just 11 short days. This was all decided today. Talk about life changing fast!

Do to us moving we would have to get a new home study in Alabama. We cannot find a home study worker who is willing to take on families for Russia due to ban. We would also have to find a new adoption agency as our agency went out of business as of the 1st of this month. Again,no agency will take on new families for Russia. Even though we have been in the process  for so long, to the agency we would be considered "new". This is why we have had to withdraw our official commitment. It also give the girls a chance to find a family in another country. If and when Russia opens it's doors to the US again, if the girls are available we will do everything within our power to adopt them or if they have a family already to help that family bring them home. Although as we were told today, that possibility is insanely slim. This has been a very hard decision to make and not one we made lightly.   In our hearts they are and will forever be our daughters. Our family's hearts are breaking but we are trusting Gods plan and know that even though we don't understand His ways are better!

We have talked to Andrea (with RR) and she has put our fsp on private until we get moved and settled. We are going to continue with adoption as we truly feel this is what God has called us to do. We know which country we will be adopting from, however have not been matched with a child yet. We won't do all that until we are moved. All the donations made to our fsp are still there and will be held until we are ready to proceed with adoption. So please don't worry if you don't see our fsp. It will be back up in time.

As our lives have turned into a tornado of change we have a peace  that we are right where God wants us. In the eye of  the storm safely cradled in his arms. Our favorite family movie "fly wheel" described it best as a Serene Chaos. I pray you will follow our blog once again as we make the journey to the south and soon after we hope to be matched to a child and be able to announce whom it is.

We thank you all for your continued prayers for our family and for Olga & Vanessa. We praise God we were able to meet them and show them the love of a mom and dad even though for only a few days. It is a priceless gift we will forever treasure and never forget.

~ The Abell Family ~

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am so very sorry. There are no words.